Our Land and Water National Science Challenge is currently seeking a Rural Engagement Advisor to join us on a part-time (24 hours a week) 2.5 year fixed-term contract ending 31 June 2024.
Based at our Lincoln campus, you will report to the Our Land and Water director and focus on building relationships within key agri-business sectors, specifically farmers/growers, farm advisors, industry-good organisations and Māori land trusts and incorporations, in order to facilitate the uptake and impact of research outcomes from Our Land and Water.
This is fantastic opportunity for an experienced advisor to join our team in making an impact for future generations.
Your ideal background
- Tertiary qualification in agri-business, or alternative relevant qualification.
- 5 years relevant experience in the primary sector.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and build relationships, and confidently engage with others from a range of backgrounds, sectors, and levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Established contacts within rural communities and organisations and agencies relevant to the primary sector.
- A working understanding of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, willingness to acquire a broad knowledge of Te Ao Māori and familiarity with Te Reo greetings/signoffs.
How to apply
This role will suit a passionate, creative, pro-active and collaborative person who is motivated to drive their career forward within this vital New Zealand organisation. If this sounds like you, apply today at this link, including a cover letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
- For further information, please contact Jenny Webster-Brown, director
- To view the full position description for this role, please click here
- Apply now
- Applications close: 12 December 2021
Please note that due to current border restrictions we will only be accepting applications from those already in New Zealand with full working rights or New Zealand and Australian citizens and residents overseas.
We require all new employees to be double vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination or vaccination exemption will be required as part of our pre-employment screening process.