Our Land and Water is seeking proposals for research addressing key questions across four topic areas:
- Effects of global disruptions or trends on land-use decisions
- The pace and long-term consequences of land-use change
- Understanding the social license to farm
- A stable, publicly accessible digital platform for land and water monitoring data and tools
Proposals should be scoped as either:
- Think Piece: A desktop study with stakeholders, to produce an output that answers, explores and/or refines the research question(s) as appropriate, valued up to $100k and with a duration of up to 6 months.
- Research Programme: Research with stakeholders to produce outputs that directly answer specific research questions, valued up to $1 million with a duration of up to 18 months.
The total value of the fund is approximately $5 million. The deadline for proposal submission is 31 March 2022.
More information can be found here and below.
Key information, templates and contacts:
- Contestable Funding Round 2022 – further information (PDF as above)
- Links to the proposal templates for this contestable fund are: Think Piece proposal template 2022 (.dox) and Research Programme proposal template 2022 (.docx). Please use these templates, not the generic OLW research proposal template
- Proposals must be submitted before 31 March 2022, via this form
- General enquiries to email@example.com
- Enquiries regarding research to OLW Chief Scientist Richard McDowell: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OLW principles, strategy and general information can be found under About menu, above
- OLW past and current research is listed under Our Science menu, above
- OLW resources for researchers