To improve New Zealand’s primary sector production and productivity, while improving or maintaining our water quality, we need high-value, low-environmental-footprint opportunities – and we need to tell a great story in our overseas markets.
- Beef and Lamb NZ has many publicly available resources and case studies related to the development of their ‘NZ story’ brand, Taste Pure Nature. The brand journey document, The Red Meat Story Journey, may be of interest to those in other sectors. Research from our Incentives for Change research theme contributed to the development of the brand.
- New Zealand Story has resources, workshops and case studies to help Kiwi businesses share their New Zealand story on the world stage.
- The Ministry for Primary Industries publishes market insight reports and has an Economic Intelligence Unit that develops market information for the primary industries.
- Agmardt provides grants for market insight investment, establishing collaborative relationships, and developing innovative ideas.
- The Te Hono Tools for Business page is a portal to excellent advice for primary sector businesses. It’s a conduit to information on design principles, training and leadership development opportunities, beginning to export or adding value to exports, business participation, innovation and communication.
- Our Next Generation Systems research is investigating new and diverse land uses and systems of primary production, to meet market opportunities.
Economic factors are a key factor driving land-use change. Here’s where you can access industry insights, facts and fresh thinking.
- KPMG Agribusiness Agenda is an annual report that offers agribusiness insights and analysis of trends
- The Situation and Outlook for Primary Industries (SOPI) reports from the Ministry for Primary Industries are a great way to keep across the export value of New Zealand’s major agricultural production systems.
- Ministry for the Environment regularly publish domain reports on the state of New Zealand’s land, fresh water, air, marine and atmosphere.
- Beef and Lamb NZ produces an annual compendium of NZ Farm Facts that covers all sectors (2021, PDF)
- Participants in the Kellogg Rural Leadership Programme publish insightful reports at the end of their projects.
- Nuffield Farming Scholars also publish insightful reports.